By Jennifer Elizabeth Masters
Life is so much more peaceful when we have harmony within.
- Stop and breathe. Inhale slowly.
- Relax your shoulders.
- Smile to your heart and exhale completely.
Meditation Made Easy:
- Sit upright in a quiet place on a chair, floor or bed. Make sure you are supported with pillows and are comfortable.
- Turn off the television, cell phone and shut your animals outside your room. These distractions can cause you to give up before you even begin.
- Take a deep breath in. Inhale completely filling your lungs.
- Exhale slowly and completely.
- Focus on your breath as you inhale slowly.
- You will notice that you become relaxed as you begin to focus on your breath.
- Notice where your shoulders are. Relax your shoulders more.
- As you continue breathing in deeply and exhale slowly your body will continue to relax and you will notice you are being PRESENT.
- I use a simple method to calm the mind: keeping your head steady, look up to the ceiling with your eyes. Do not raise your head, just your eyes. Do this for a few minutes and then continue to breathe.
- If a thought comes up as you continue to breathe, just allow it to float by, do not attempt to control it or make it stop. It is just a thought.
- Beginning with your toes notice aliveness in your feet and toes. Just put your attention on your feet for a few minutes.
- Now put your attention on your ankles and calves, notice the aliveness there. Can you feel the blood pulsing through your legs?
- Move your attention to your knees and feel the aliveness in your knees.
- Move your attention into your hips. Feel the aliveness in your hips.
- Move your attention into your solar plexus, just below the diaphragm. Feel the aliveness there.
- Now move your focus and attention to your heart chakra – the space between your breasts. You always want to be in your heart center, rather than your mind when you meditate. This will help you to go deep within and also calms the chatter.
- Use this meditation video below to help you. The Divine Presence Process Meditation will fill you to overflowing, allow you to connect deeply with your Spiritual Self as well as The cosmos, Source or God energy. This is what I used every day which helped me to awaken in 2012.