Life can throw us some curve balls. Living simply offers us a peace that removes us from the chaos. 2016 may already be offering many different opportunities from that of 2015. Choosing what is best for us requires us to be present, tapping into our physical bodies for confirmation.
If you are out in the world you may be feeling a sense of chaos, energy coming at you from all directions. There are too many choices in the grocery store, too many tasks to complete, too many things undone, which all drain our precious energy. Life is short. Let’s make the most of this New Year by living simply.
- creates mental blocks that reduce productivity by 40%
- causes stress physically, mentally and emotionally
- diverts your attention from your goals in life
- you don’t perform even one task effectively when you are focusing on several
- lowers IQ
- reduces memory
- causes errors
- you have to regroup each time you shift from one task to another taking precious time
- takes longer to perform the task when multi-tasking.
- Have rules for everyone in the household that create presence and focus, i.e. no cell phones at the table, in the bedroom or while watching television.
- One activity at a time. Does your child really need ballet, karate, cello and religious classes all at the same time? Seriously? When do they get to be a child? Our childhood is short keep activities down to one.
- Get outside and be in nature. Leave your cell phone in the car. Walk in silence. Focus on what you see rather than texting everyone you know while doing your constitutional. This is time with you and God. It is time for you to reconnect with your body. Experience this beauty fully.
- You only need one cell phone. Rather than replacing it as soon as a new one comes out use it till the thing dies. Striving for the latest and greatest is living outside of your body. You don’t feel enough just by being you.
- Focus on you for a change rather than stuff.
- Write in your journal. Sitting down and writing is a very positive way to connect with Guidance and your High Self. Do it daily.
- Focus on what you are FEELING. Most people have no idea how they feel because they are doing too many things to even notice.
- Meditate daily.
- Exercise daily.
- Love Yourself. This is the simplest and best part of living fully. When you love yourself you will find that the world is a brighter place and that you have infinitely more love to give everyone in your life and the world. Loving you also raises the energy of the planet, so you are doing something to help all of humanity by loving you.
- Connect to your soul purpose. Do what you love. You have a story inside you. You have done great things in your life. Consider doing work that engages your soul and your heart.
Doing work you love creates more joy and bliss than you can image. Have you seen my smile? It isn’t fake. I am so happy, I want to share it with the world. Help me do this by sharing my blog, my app and what I do with your friends.