By Jennifer Elizabeth Masters
What if your purpose for being here was to be happy? How would that change your life and your world? Some people focus on being successful or wealthy, yet never achieve a level of happiness in their life. What if I was to tell you that all you had to do is choose?
Have you ever noticed when you are feeling blissfully happy with your life, amazing people and opportunities just show up. Miracles happen, and you manifest what you are thinking about, miraculously? It’s true, being happy shifts your vibration into a higher realm and you begin floating along on a higher stream of consciousness. You are dipping your straw into something greater than yourself.
You can choose to be happy no matter what is going on in your life. Appreciating others in your life as well as your gifts, talents or abilities is a start. There is always something to appreciate about yourself. Yes, those emotions of sadness, grief, frustration or anger could be under the surface. You can wear those when you choose to. When we decide not to buy into other’s beliefs of what we should or shouldn’t be doing, life is a whole lot more enjoyable.
In any given moment we can choose to shift the way we feel and experience life. We always have a choice. We can focus on all that we aren’t or turn our focus instead on all that we are, and be appreciative of ourselves and others, everything shifts.
Gratitude Is The Fastest Path To Happiness
Maybe you feel you don’t have anything to be grateful for. I assure you, your life could be much worse than you believe it is right now. There is always something to be grateful for. After helping a homeless man in Boulder, I found out what true gratitude was all about. After I had helped him, he began to show his appreciation for my family and me by showing up at our door with a bagful of groceries. I helped him when I had little to give and he appreciated it.
Authentic gratitude is different than a platitude. It is heartfelt and real. When we are in the space of gratitude our hearts open, we feel joy and happiness. If you are having some challenges finding something to be grateful here are a few to start with. Remember each day is a gift. Rather than focusing on what you don’t have turn your focus on what you do have.
- Thank you for giving me another day of life.
- Thank you for my arms that hug.
- Thank you for my legs that take me where I want to go.
- Thank you for my toes and feet that support me.
- Thank you for my heart that feels.
- Thank you for my eyes that see.
- Thank you for those in my life that help and support me.
- Thank you for you.
Stop Comparing Yourself
When you look at others thinking that they have something better than you do, you are missing the point. We don’t know the whole truth about someone else’s story. There will always be others that are more intelligent, talented and beautiful than we are. However, you discount our talents and abilities that are unique to you when you look at others and compare. Letting go of comparing yourself will shift your vibration and happiness quotient quickly.
Case in point, Soon after I moved to the desert with my daughter, our neighbors invited my daughter and me over for a BBQ. Watching the two of them hug one another, her little grab of his ass, I thought they had a loving, beautiful relationship. Looking at them, I thought it would be nice to have a relationship like theirs. When I found out the truth, it was the exact opposite.
My neighbor’s relationship was abusive. He turned out to be an alcoholic who became nasty, mean and vengeful when drunk. Hateful words were exchanged on both sides in front of me, later on, that totally shocked me. They were both angry and very unhappy people. I realized that we never know the truth about someone’s relationship until we look very closely. Longing for something that other’s have will never give you the full story. You might find like me that what you have is irreplaceable and so much better than what others appear to have.
Change Your Thoughts
I know of a woman who was confined to a wheelchair with Lou Gehrig’s disease. This disease is called incurable by doctors and leads to death. It is caused by and unwillingness to accept self-worth and a denial of success. When she recognized what the cause of her disease was, she sat naked in front of her mirror every day and said, “I love you.” She was relentless in her self-love efforts. She told herself every single day that she loved her body. She said loving things to herself. She recovered completely from the disease.
Your Thoughts Become Reality
Instead of putting yourself down, lift yourself up with loving thoughts that affirm how lovely and beautiful you are, how deserving you are. You are the only one created that looks feels and thinks like you. You are the only one like you. You are a masterpiece! Instead of hating yourself, choose love instead!
Choose To Be Happy For No Reason
Our brains can be reprogrammed. I reprogrammed mine. I chose thoughts that lifted my soul up, rather than made me feel bad. Over time, our thoughts create new neuro-pathways that are permanent.
My Secrets To Overcoming Low Self-Esteem and UnHappiness
Below is a list of what I did every day. At first, my old habits were hard to break. I was a very negative and depressed person when I began my journey. Eventually, I began to course-correct my words and thoughts in the moment and shift into positive thoughts about myself and others. We have to re-train our brains with positive life-affirming habits. Self-love is the fastest path to love, happiness and a glorious life filled with BLISS!
The first list I share with you are the modalities I used to heal. I became certified in those I felt helped me the most:
- Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Energy Healing
Personal Inner Work
- Stop beating yourself up.
- Stop criticizing others. It is a reflection of how you feel about you.
- Notice when you judge anyone else. When you do, it is showing you what your unconscious mind is doing automatically.
- Begin to see that everyone is a reflection of you.
- Think loving thoughts to yourself. “You look nice in that color! Wow! You look amazing!” “What an amazing job you did!”
- Congratulate yourself when you do well!
- Be happy with the small things. Even a great parking spot is a reason to celebrate.
- Celebrate often! Cheer yourself on. If you can’t do this yourself, hire a coach, like me who has been there to get you started on the fast track.
- Have courage. Moving forward instead of retreating takes tremendous courage. I have faith in you. I know you can do this!
- Read uplifting books. You Can Heal Your Life, The Four Agreements.
- Watch comedians and programs that make you laugh.
- Take care to avoid negativity from media, t.v. etc.
- Steer clear of negative people.
- Befriend those who are positive.
- Revere your body. Eat a healthy diet. You will begin to feel better when the fuel you consume is of a higher quality.
- Exercise daily. Do the kind of exercise that you enjoy.
- Play uplifting music.
- Become disciplined. Go to bed before 11:00 PM. Get up at the same time every day (before 8:00 AM.)
- Know you are perfect the way you are. You don’t have to strive to perfect who you are. You are a unique individual different than anyone else on this planet, there is nothing to perfect?
Join me this week, beginning
Wednesday at 5:00 PM, PST and 8:00 PM EST
Four hours of live coaching and energy sessions with me!
To get love you have to give it. You have to start by loving you. Loving yourself and allowing yourself to receive pleasure is the first step.
A four-week series to bring love to you. If you long for love but can’t seem to attract the right partner, or find yourself in fear of a relationship, this program is for you. If you feel your picker is broken, or there is no one out there for you, this program will help you clear the blocks to love. REAL LOVE!
This program is LIVE. Others are doing programs for hundreds of dollars with one hour of live coaching. This program has a value of $1,100. Sign up and pay in full and receive a FREE 50-minute session with me – valued over $187.00!
Four weeks, 4 hours of live coaching to move you out of fear!
These are just some of what you will get
- Get comfortable with the idea of dating.
- Find out what red flags to watch for
- Learn why you ignored the red flags in the past
- Find out what being alone is costing you
- Find out why men and women cheat
- Learn what is holding you back and get it GONE!
- Eliminate fear of intimacy.
- Find the love within you, so that you can attract love like a magnet!
- Feel comfortable ending a relationship when it isn’t working
- Become confident with your sexuality