You’ve given him back his PJs, toothbrush, and slippers. When he returns for his sweatshirt should you or shouldn’t you slip back into bed for farewell sex?
- You could get pregnant. Anytime you have unprotected sex you run the risk of pregnancy. Sex with an ex could mean an unwanted child or serious issues to contend with. Do you really want to take this risk?
- If they have moved on, you are also having sex with their latest partner – STDs are unwanted at any time, do you want to take the risk?
- You have begun to heal and recover from the breakup. Slipping back into the sack is going to set you back a month or maybe two or more in your recovery. You will have to cry all over again and probably return something he left under your bed.
- The issues that were present before you broke up are still in evidence. Nothing has changed. Now he wants another trip down memory lane? Thanks for the memories, but sayonara!
- As long as you are pining over your ex you won’t get beyond where you are now. Sex again means more attachment for most people and maybe even regret and tears.
- You can’t heal and certainly can’t attract anyone else when you are continuing to do the horizontal mambo with the one you can’t seem to forget. Too many can’ts……
- If you are missing sex, you can self-pleasure with far fewer regrets and probably less mess emotionally as well as figuratively. Take care of yourself.
Jennifer Elizabeth Masters is the author of the forthcoming book: HAPPY HERE, HAPPY ANYWHERE.
Find Jennifer’s books on Amazon.