Food can be your medicine or poison depending on the quality and quantity of the food you choose. Eating smaller portions, eliminating sugary and fried foods with a focus on high-quality fresh vegetables and fruits, with lots of fiber will give you positive results and increased health. Self-care includes a healthy diet and regular exercise.
Eating fast food will cause depression, with little food value. Scientists have found that fast food leaves you feeling hungry and undernourished. I avoid it like the plague. Eating a diet with fresh fruits and vegetables will raise your vibration and help you feel better-balanced emotionally, not to mention giving you nutritional value. Did you know that fast food is linked to erectile dysfunction?
1. Smaller portions. Reducing portion size will help you reduce weight and feel better faster than anything. A recent study reports that increased calorie intake has caused the obesity we see today. My feeling it is a combination of both too much food that is low in nutrition coupled with a sedentary lifestyle.
For me, my graduation weight was 125. I now weigh 132. Keeping my weight steady has been my goal rather than trying to look like a super-model. The protocol I use to stay healthy and fit is what I share with you in this article along with the reasons why I do what I do.
Don’t take my word for it, read these additional articles about what’s wrong with our wheat and Normal Borlaug who modified wheat way back and received a Nobel Peace prize for it.
The bottom line for me is I don’t consume wheat – nada, zilch, zero! My sense is that wheat and soy are modified for higher yield, due to Round-up. I avoid soy and wheat like the plague!
5. Avoid soy and all GMO foods.
Today, all wheat is genetically modified, unless you buy bread products where it is clearly stated; “made from non-GMO wheat.” Wheat is sprayed with Roundup before harvest to kill weeds and make the wheat yield higher. The grain releases their seeds as they die, creating a higher yield.
- helps with elimination and relieves constipation
- freshens breath
- alkalizes the body creating a healthy environment
- stops and prevents UTI’s (bladder infections)
- cleanses the liver – the liver loves lemon juice it’s loaded with enzymes
- reduces phlegm
- Vitamin C helps brain function keeps you more alert
- pumps up your immune system
- great for skin helps the body produce collagen – reduces wrinkles
|FULL of goodness, high fiber and good for the blood|
Can’t get enough vegetables in during the day. Start your day off with a green drink and watch your tummy go down! My favorite green smoothie loaded with antioxidants greens, fruits, and veggies. Chia seeds add protein and fiber. I often add a slice of beet to my green drink.
How I Lost Belly Fat And Inches Without Changing My Diet
|chia, spinach, celery, apple, parsley, lemon|
1 TBSP chia seeds
1 stalk of celery
2 handfuls of spinach
3 stems and leaves of parsley either Italian or regular
juice of 1/2 lemon
Himalayan salt – adds 40 trace minerals
1/2 cup blueberries, strawberries or blackberries for antioxidants
coconut water (unsweetened)
1/2 an avocado
1 inch of chopped fresh ginger
8. Drinking 1 green drink a day can give you more veggies in one serving than you eat in an entire day.
Blend well and drink within fifteen minutes to receive the highest benefit of vitamins and minerals. I don’t add ice, as cold drinks shock the system and reduce immune function.
9. Consume berries for antioxidants. You prefer just fruit in the morning? Though not quite as beneficial as a green drink, a fruit smoothie is something I drink for variety. Here is my favorite recipe. I freeze strawberries from my trips to Santa Barbara where the berries come in fresh picked daily. I put them in plastic bags and use the frozen berries in my smoothie. No ice is added.
3 heaping TBSP full fat organic plain yogurt or plain Kefir
6 – 8 strawberries
1/2 cup blueberries, and/or blackberries
1 TBSP or less of raw local honey to taste
1 TBSP chia seeds (optional)
blackberries handful or more
1/2 tsp or more nutmeg
1/2 tsp or more cinnamon
These oatmeal pancakes lower cholesterol with oatmeal, give you potassium and lots of protein from eggs and oatmeal.
I eat my pancakes without syrup. If you must, use real maple syrup, not the artificial crap! Artificial syrup like Log Cabin syrup uses high fructose which the body can’t digest. High fructose is in soda and packages juices. High fructose will make you hungry and leads to fatty liver.
11. Saute´ in coconut oil. Coconut oil was fed to pigs and was found to cause pigs to lose weight. Coconut oil has many benefits including being anti-inflammatory and a good fat to include in your diet.
12. Include raw food daily. Eating a daily salad and fresh fruit introduces food that hasn’t been cooked which increases your intake
of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Use a combination of spinach romaine, escarole, arugula and other nutrient-rich greens.
I don’t use iceberg lettuce as it has very little food value or vitamins. Romaine wins hands down over iceberg lettuce every time. Add walnuts, sunflower seeds or almonds and hard boiled eggs for protein. I prefer walnuts as almonds create estrogen in the body. I don’t use soybeans at all for the same reason I avoid almonds – estrogen. For men, do you want manboobs? Avoid soy.
Eggs Are Good For YOU!
13. Eat the entire egg!
There have been many smear campaigns to get people to stop eating coconut, avocado, and eggs. I never listen to what the media and even the government touts is good for me. I trust my own guidance. I recommend you learn to trust your intuition and guidance as well.
Remember when they told us margarine was better for us than butter. What a bunch of whooey! I never believed it.
Eggs are one of those incredible whole foods that contain vitamins, minerals, and proteins. Eggs do not cause heart disease, stroke or raise cholesterol in otherwise healthy people.
A chicken doesn’t die laying an egg. Egg laying is natural for a chicken. I don’t understand why Vegans are such egg haters. It never made sense to me. Each to his own. I eat eggs and I always will. In fact, when I was healing breast cancer, eggs were one of the foods I ate every day!
Eating egg whites only, for health reasons is ridiculous. Eggs raise the good cholesterol, HDL. 7 Secrets Why You Should Eat Eggs.
14. Add a dinner salad with avocado to reduce caloric intake. Eating avocado will help satisfy your hunger as it has a rich buttery taste and mouth feel. You will eat less once your fat craving is satisfied.
I always eat my salad first as it helps with weight control and helps to curb your appetite for the meal. You eat far less when the salad is consumed first. I heard years ago that salad needs to be consumed
|spinach cooked lightly|
before the meal as it digests faster. It also adds enzymes to the stomach helping food digest more easily.
15. Reduce the risk of cancer, heart disease, and obesity by eating 4 ounces of meat at one meal. Most of us eat too much meat. Women need 46 grams while men require 56 a day.
Four ounces is enough protein if you eat lots of vegetables. Potatoes are a source of protein containing 4.3 grams, as are many of our veggies.
I eat grass fed beef once a month or less. I eat lamb on occasion, to warm the body and chicken no more than three times a week. Most of us eat far too much chicken, turkey is actually a better protein source will fewer chemicals. Some of our chicken is being processed in China. Tyson, Sanderson Farms, and MacDonalds say they have no plans to process their chicken in China. We shall see down the road.
What’s For A Snack?
16. Add nuts for more Omega 3s, fatty acids, protein and antioxidants. Nuts are good to snack on, in moderation. Walnuts are the best nut for the heart. Almonds, pistachios, and cashews have the lowest calorie content. Macadamias and pecans are the worst for calorie content (but delicious). Read more here about nuts from Huffington Post.
What’s For Dinner?
17. Eat a balanced diet of vegetables, both raw and cooked with a small portion of meat. Vegetables have protein in them too! Potatoes being the highest. For those who are vegetarians be sure to get a complete protein.
Salad with nuts or sunflower seeds, homemade dressing of olive oil and lime juice
4 ounces of home cooked turkey, lamb or chicken (no pork products)
1 of boiled or baked potato or (baked sweet potato with coconut oil and cinnamon
2 or more of: broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, beets, Brussel sprouts, asparagus, artichokes, eggplant, or carrots
|asparagus will clean out your urethra for better elimination and sex|
18. Add variety to get all your nutrients. Variety is the spice of life. Vary your diet so that you get everything your body needs. I stopped taking multivitamins years ago when I found it did nothing for me energetically. Hard pills are difficult for the body to digest and end up being flushed away into our septic systems and local sewers.
What Do I Cook With?
grass fed butter
turmeric helps with inflammation
natural raw honey (small portion)
The Myth About Fats
Did you know your brain is made of 60% fat? Did you know you need good fats in your diet?
19. Eat healthy fats. Avocados, coconut oil and olive oil are good fats. Butter is a good fat used in moderation. Saturated and trans fats are solid at room temperature. Remember seeing bacon fat in your cold frying pan?
20. Eat potatoes. Potatoes are good complex carbohydrate. The body and brain need both fats and complex carbohydrates, like sweet potatoes to function at their peak.
21. Stay Healthy By Avoiding
- fried foods
- ice water or ice in any drinks
- high fructose
- fast foods
- tomato sauce pre-made
- prepared or packaged foods of any kind
- canola, soy, peanut or vegetable oil
- soy products
- pork products
- peanut butter
- sugar substitutes including agave
- packaged cereal
- microwaved foods – microwave kills food value
- microwaved popcorn
- soda of all kinds
- white salt
- alcohol – (maybe one drink a year)
- pizza – contains wheat, cheese and prepared sauce
I do on occasion like pie or ice cream. I limit sugary foods to very rare occasions. I celebrate when I eat sugary foods rather than beat myself up. I used to eat it ice cream frequently but stopped when my ex-husband died. It was his favorite thing to do – sit down and eat a huge bowl of ice cream. He died at 52. He was lean and fit. Sugar more than fat eats away at our arterial walls causing damage to our cardiovascular system.
The energy that we eat our foods can raise or lower the vibration of the food we consume.
I would love to hear from you. Did this help you, confuse you or cause you to question? E-mail Jennifer here to set up your private discovery session.