|Thanksgiving in Georgia with son Adam circa 2009|
For so many families of divorce, holidays mean a time of separation by distance, rather than love. Gratitude is part of my daily practice, but Thanksgiving is the day I wake up writing a post about all that I am grateful for before I even open my eyes. Of all the holidays that we celebrate in the United States, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday for so many reasons.
|Adam, David, and Bill Gates with me in Colorado hiking|
together without the pressure of gift-giving. This year it is just my daughter, Ariel, who recently graduated from culinary school and I. my sons are with their father in Connecticut. We still share warm phone calls and humor over the phone lines.
|Ariel, David and Jennifer in Colorado|
Thanksgiving reminds us of what we have and what is important, as we look around our tables at those we love and how important they are to us. Whether you dine with friends or eat alone here are some things to mull over today more than any day of the year.
that we have. The more grateful for what we have now, the more we open to receive. Gratitude is an expression of love. Even if you don’t feel loved or loving, gratitude will help you open our hearts and begin the process of being more loving.
- I am so grateful to be alive today.
- I am grateful for my vibrant health.
- I am grateful for the lessons I have learned and continue to learn in the process of life.
- I am grateful for my trust in myself and The Universe.
- I am grateful for my children, Adam, David and Ariel and how our relationships have shifted over the years to be more open, expressive and vulnerable.
- I am grateful that Ariel overcame so much (including the death of her father) and graduated from one of the best culinary schools in the US.
- I am grateful for my friends.
- I am grateful for my clients their expansion, growth, acceptance and how their relationships have become more loving and allowing.
- I am grateful for the rain we’ve had in the desert this week.
- I am grateful for my home, my pets and my life.
- I am so grateful that I have work that I love to do that fulfills me and helps so many others.
- I am grateful to be able to give back.
- I am grateful for nature, it’s beauty and every changing landscape.
- I am grateful for the abundance of food, fruit, and vegetables that grow so close to my home.
- I am grateful that nothing stays the same.
- I am grateful to have moved beyond depression, anxiety, and illness.
- I am grateful for the food on my table and money in the bank.
- I am grateful that I can pay my bills on time.
- I am grateful for those who show up to help me grow my business.
- I am grateful for my neighbor who takes care of my beloved pets while I travel.
- I am grateful for my brothers and their support throughout my life.
- I am grateful for the forgiveness of others towards me and my ability to forgive those that have hurt me in the past.
- I am grateful to feel happy, blissful and know that life is sweet when we believe it is.
- I am grateful or the wisdom, discernment, and Guidance I receive.
- I am grateful for my body that is healthy, vibrant and able to do what I want it to.
- I am grateful to sleep peacefully at night.
- I am grateful to wake up and feel safe in my home and town.
- I am grateful to have a car that is paid off; that runs well.
- I am grateful for all that I have learned and continue to learn that leads to further expansion.
- I am grateful for the magic in my life.
- I am grateful for me.
- I am grateful that you show up and read my blog and get a suggestion, or tidbit that helps you feel better or inspired for your life.
- I am grateful for the Universe, my Divine, the sun, moon, stars, planet earth and our entire galaxy.
- I am grateful for laughter as a great source of healing for us all.
- I am grateful for love.