As I wrap up my time here in Boulder, Colorado in the cold and head for warmer weather in Toronto, Canada a word of caution for this Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. A lovely combination of the slowing of the planet Uranus (which is known for destroying and undoing) coupled with the last full moon of 2015, could increase challenges, difficulties, and communication. Emotions could be stronger than usual and triggered abruptly.
- When someone asks you a question you don’t want to answer pretend you didn’t hear and ask for more mashed potatoes.
- When asked how many cats or dogs you now have tell the inquiring person you are starting your own non-profit shelter and have a no kill policy.
- When your children are critiqued by grandma or grandpa, smile at the octogenarian and tell them that you encourage creativity and individuality, rather than following the crowd. You are raising an individual, a world-changer. World changers are different and bounce to a different beat. Thanks for noticing Grandma! Don’t forget to tell her how much you appreciate her wisdom and input.
- If someone tells you that you have gained weight, tell them that you just won a hot dog eating contest and haven’t taken all your winnings off as yet.
- If you are a vegan or vegetarian, you can just as easily answer the above question about weight gain that you are trying out a new collagen booster and it may look as if you have gained weight, but it is really just collagen.
- If you are slaving in the kitchen and no one is helping, tell your guests that the good news is that they get to eat today! The bad news is that they get to help put dinner together! Get some
help. Don’t do everything yourself.
- I have a very dysfunctional family. I smile and nod a lot while eating my food. I don’t get triggered by their attempts to put me down for being a “hippie coach,” or “whatever you do….”
- Eat less and chew more. When we are upset our digestive system doesn’t work as well. Anxiety and food don’t mix. Breathe and smile. Know that you are only connected by DNA. Love, love, love is what they all need.
- As the penguins in the movie, Madagascar say, “Smile and wave boys! Smile and wave!” Know you will be leaving soon and this holiday will be a fond memory before you know it! Tell family members how much you love them, no matter how annoying they might be after several days.
- Make your presence the important part of Christmas, rather than the presents the focus. Time spent in conversation with loved ones mean so much to those we don’t see often. Enjoy
them while you have them, life is short and we all end up taking a dirt nap at the end of our road, so make the time while you are here happy and enjoyable. Don’t get caught up in who did what to whom. You are no longer 8!
|December 29, 2014|