By Jennifer Elizabeth Masters
Stress causes a slew of heath problems Some of which are of heart disease, depression and anxiety. According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 6 million full- and part-time American workers suffer from anxiety. Many of these 6 million have desk jobs. There are simple ways to alleviate stress most of which require you to get off your butt!
Why Be Concerned About Stress?
A little stress can help you focus. However, long-term stress increases the risk of conditions like obesity, heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes, depression, gastrointestinal problems, migraines and asthma.
Once home, many people “unwind” by watching 2 hours of television (36 %) or playing an hour or two of video games a night (10%) while some get on their computers for an hour or more (29%). All of these activities can increase stress, rather than decrease it. Depending on the shows or movies you watch, action adventure or thrilling movies can further increase your stress levels, rather than reduce it. Video games also can cause blood pressure and heart rate to rise. There are alternatives to sitting around after work that are better for you. A combination of meditation and movement will improve health, mood and reduce anxiety.
- Meditate daily. Daily meditation with visualization can reduce stress and anxiety. Begin your day with 20 minutes of silence, going within. Visualize your best possible day and set an intention for the best possible outcome for all concerned.
- Take a walk with your four-legged friends, family or partner. Exercise reduces stress and eliminates anxiety. Being out in nature can shift your mood and emotions faster than anything you put in your mouth.
- Work out in a gym three times a week or more. Working out can boost endorphins making you feel good. The added benefit is that your body becomes healthier while your anxiety levels are reduced. You might have to get a license for those guns!
- Sex reduces anxiety and stress. Whether you have sex for one, or with a partner, having an orgasm releases feel-good hormones and will drop your stress level 50% or more.
- Use a mantra in the background of your mind while doing mindless tasks, like driving, changes brain waves from incongruent to congruent, as if you are in a sleep state while waking. Congruent brain waves also help to alkalize the body, preventing disease. A mantra could be as simple as, ” The Universe loves me.”
Thank you so much, Jennifer, for your excellent online course “Love Yourself Fearlessly” and one-on-one coaching. I now have more self-love, and appreciate the great importance of it. Your statement that self-love is the quickest path to enlightenment says it all. The lessons were one big eye-opener after another; collectively they made a considerable impact on my life, on the way I think about myself and on how I view and interact with others. The effect of the past life clearings you facilitated has been amazing, I feel like a life-long burden has at last been removed from my shoulders. In addition, you helped me see my codependent habits through your coaching, more clearly and I feel better prepared to attract my perfect divine partner. I’m so grateful. With love and appreciation, Colleen K.
Jennifer Elizabeth Masters is an International Best-selling author as well as a love and happiness coach. She is available for private sessions. Her private e-mail is [email protected]
She is working on her third book currently and a brand new program to heal your love story. Each person has their personal story about love. Rejection, broken hearts, divorce, can leave us feeling broken. Jennifer helps you heal the past so that your heart is open to receive love.